Offers VoIP Calls from mobile phones to any landline or mobile devices
TP Smart is an app that Telepacket customers can use to make VoIP calls.
Telepacket—or TP for short—is, among other things, a VoIP provider. VoIP stands for voice over Internet protocol, and Telepacket facilitates VoIP calls to landlines, cellular lines and other VoIP customers. The TP Smart app for Android smartphones and tablets is one way that Telepacket provides this service.
Logging in to the app is as simple as providing your opcode. Once the device registers with the service, it will indicate your status and show your account balance if applicable. The app settings let you store your username, password and operator code as well as various app settings, such as echo cancellation, speaker audio level and microphone audio level.
TP Smart works with all networks, which includes cellular networks as well as ISPs when connected via Wi-Fi. Registration is quite fast now. Note that there were complaints about slow registration when the app was initially released, but Telepacket has fixed it. The developers have also refined the app in a number of other areas too, and it’s a very polished product now.
The primary interface of the app is a telephone touchpad. The digits zero through nine are also labeled with their corresponding letters. The asterisk and pound sign are supported, and the green call button initiates the call once the number has been entered.
TP Smart also has a full contact book implementation. The number of entries is limited only by the device’s storage space, and considering modern storage capacities, the contact book is unlimited for all practical purposes. You can initiate calls from within the contacts page. You can also assign contacts photos so that they’re easier to identify. These photos will show in the contact book but also on the call screen when calling them or receiving a call from them.
The app also features a call log, and it supports both incoming and outgoing calls. This is particularly helpful as a reference when you’ve missed a call or have had to ignore one. You can set how big the history is, and it’s rather simple to archive these call logs as well.
Social media integration is present too. There’s support for Facebook and Twitter in particular. The Facebook integration is especially useful if you link contacts to their Facebook pages, and you can also share social media content with people you’re currently on the phone with.
TP Smart is developed specifically for Telepacket customers. You can install this app for free, but if you actually want to make use of it, you’ll at least need to register a Telepacket account. There may be fees required to actually use the app to make and receive calls, however.
- VoIP calls
- Contact book
- Social media integration
- Requires TelePacket service
Working now in All UAE Networks
Delayed Registration Issue Fixed
Works in all networks
Voice going Silent issue Solved
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CLEAR_APP_CACHE: Allows an application to clear the caches of all installed applications on the device.
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD: Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- READ_LOGS: Allows an application to read the low-level system log files.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.